Sweden was one of the countries that had the largest number of telephones in the end of the 19th century. The Telephone Tower was built in 1887 to meet the demand, and it was a 45 meter tall truss tower which now stands at Gallerian in Stockholm. The tower gathered around 4000 telephone wires from owners all over the city to the telephone station in the building below. The wires started to be dig below the ground already at the 1890’s and the tower had lost its importance. The tower hower stood until 1953 and in that time it was one of the most famous landmarks in Stockholm.